Monday, September 21, 2009

So, the new Pearl Jam album...

Absolutely rocks.  Period.  I will be posting a full report soon, but for now, I just want to share a quote from Pearl Jam front-man Eddie Vedder.

“There's something about this infusion of energy. It's a tangible thing that gives you as much energy as a drug. It can change the shape of your mood. I think [rock music] is the greatest art form there is, because there's so many elements to it, volume being one of them. But momentum, and rhythm, and the literary side of a good lyric, it can really transport you.”
This is true about "Backspacer",  and it's true about any good music.  I read this quote today, and I felt it.  I knew exactly what Eddie meant when he said it.  That's all I have for now, but I hope to be able to provide my full opinion of "Backspacer" later this week. 

Farewell, citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment